18 April 2006

AROUND THE WORLD WITH ADDY FLOR


ADDY FLOR
LP Monument SLP-18129 (1969)
ABOUT ADDY FLOR
"Born in Berlin, married, has his own private zoo
with monkeys, foxes, owls, squirrels, parrots, birds,
dogs, cats, etc. Likes to play tennis when his music
business doesn't interfere. His main musical goal
has been to create a style of music for today and
tomorrow, for young people to dance to, for the
not-so-young to listen to.
Music is the most important part of his life."

A real nice sound on this record produced by Addy
and Hans Bradtke (the composer of "Calcutta").
There are many favorites on this happy album, and how
about "Auf wiedersehn" arranged in bossa nova tempo?

SIDE A:
1. Monte Carlo medley - 2. Paris nights - 3. Arrivederci Roma
4. Blondie from Stockholm - 5. Happy Copenhagen -
6. I left my heart in San Francisco
SIDE B:
1. The hawaiian wedding song - 2. Midnight in Tokyo
3. Calcutta - 4. Sydney jet - 5. The girl from Ipanema
6. Auf wiedersehn

8 comments:

QQF resident said...

A fun album. Instant house schlager: Happy Copenhagen.

I love these finds.

Blog-a-roonie said...

Wow, the real thing. absolutely super.

Have you got any more like this one?

Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

julioxo said...

Very nice
Thanks Zarville
Greetings

PS said...

lovely stuff thanks ...i have some ady flor in my january archives but only from a comp nothing as pecious as this

savoadaki said...

I should have made comments before, but I want to tell you this is one of my favourite blogs. The music is always interesting and quite novel for me as well. I like your pace as well, just a few select pieces over a couple of months that can be appreciated and remembered as coming from Balthazar's blog.

Lazar said...

Hi Balthazar...

You've got a great site..
I linked you to my blog..

Please check my site, download something and feel free to put my blog in your link page, it'll be my plesir ;)

http://www.lazarslounge.blogspot.com

Write Soon
Best wishes
Lazar

Zarville said...

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments, and by the way - who can live without music?